In the world of commercial towing, more is expected. A job cannot be completed if the equipment cannot handle the workload. That is why CURT developed the class 5 Commercial Duty trailer hitch: the ultimate in rear mount receiver hitches. Constructed from steel and engineered for power, these class 5 behemoths are designed to complement the towing power of commercial trucks and other heavy-duty pickup trucks and SUVs, including diesels and chassis cabs. They can easily handle a variety of oversize trailers, including toy and car haulers, agricultural trailers, dumper trailers, tri-axle flatbed trailers, large boat trailers and more (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).
This particular class 5 hitch features a gross trailer weight capacity of 18,000 lbs. and an especially high tongue weight capacity of 1,800 lbs. It can also be used in combination with a weight distribution system to increase the tongue weight capacity up to 2,700 lbs. It is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Dodge Ram 1500 (except with factory receiver) (2003 built after Nov. 2002), Dodge Ram 2500 or 3500 (except with factory receiver), RAM 2500 (except with factory receiver) or RAM 3500 (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com).
All CURT class 5 Commercial Duty hitches feature a large 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" receiver tube opening to accept the strongest of ball mounts and hitch-mounted accessories. They are perfect for mounting standard ball mounts, pintle mounts and tow hooks, as well as winch mounts and cargo carriers. CURT Commercial Duty hitches are protected by a co-curing of liquid Aquence coating and a black carbide powder coat finish, and they come backed with a one-year finish warranty. If that were not enough, they also mount with grade 8 hardware, included with each hitch, and feature a limited lifetime warranty to give you the confidence to tackle every job head-on.
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a large, powerful main body
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Aquence coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Features wide safety chain openings for heavy-duty hooks
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA