When we came to the limits of towing capacity, we wanted to know what else was out there. What could we discover off the beaten path? So, we kept going. CURT class 5 Xtra Duty hitches begin a class of their own, beyond class 4 and beyond anything the standards dictate. They are designed for the hard road where only 1/2-ton, 3/4-ton and 1-ton pickup trucks and SUVs dare to tread. They are capable of pulling almost any heavy-duty trailer, including toy haulers, dump trailers, logging trailers, gravity boxes, small yacht trailers and more (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).
This particular Xtra Duty trailer hitch offers a gross trailer weight capacity of 16,000 lbs. and an extra-high tongue weight capacity of 2,400 lbs. It features a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening to accept a ball mount or hitch-mounted accessory, such as a cargo carrier or winch mount, and it is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD or 3500 with 6' bed or GMC Sierra 2500HD or 3500 with 6' bed (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). For a little extra towing power and stability, this class 5 hitch can also be used in combination with a weight distribution system, increasing its gross trailer weight capacity up to 17,000 lbs.
In our drive to create a more powerful hitch, CURT has not neglected the finer details. Our class 5 trailer hitches are welded with precision and go through multiple stages of cleaning to create a smooth surface that is ready to accept our co-cured finish. To protect them from corrosion, chipping and UV damage, these hitches are coated first in a liquid Aquence coating and then finished in a high-quality black carbide powder coat. They come with grade 8 mounting hardware for solid installation and are backed with a one-year finish warranty and overall limited lifetime warranty.
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a large, powerful main body
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Aquence coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Features wide safety chain openings for heavy-duty hooks
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA