CURT class 1 trailer hitches are the lightest-duty hitches of our rear mount receiver lineup. They are engineered for reliability, welded together with quality American steel and blasted clean for a smooth finish. Tested to meet the strict demands of the industry, this CURT class 1 hitch with ball mount has a capacity to tow up to 2,000 lbs. of gross trailer weight and 200 lbs. of tongue weight. This means it can handle a variety of small trailers such as single-axle utility trailers, canoe and kayak trailers, dirt bike trailers and more. It can also accept a hitch-mounted cargo carrier or bike rack, making it a very useful addition to cars with limited cargo space (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
Class 1 hitches feature a 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" receiver tube opening and are typically mounted on compact cars, full-size cars and some smaller crossover SUVs, minivans and compact SUVs. This particular hitch and ball mount combination is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Volkswagen Golf hatchback (excluding R) or Volkswagen GTI hatchback (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). It features a round tube frame and comes with a hitch pin and clip and all necessary installation hardware. This class 1 hitch kit also comes with a Euro Mount ball mount, with a 1 7/8" diameter ball, to be a complete towing package.
Each CURT class 1 hitch is co-cured with a liquid Aquence coating and a high-gloss black powder coat finish that provide a lasting defense against rust, wear and harmful UV rays. Like all CURT receiver hitches, this class 1 hitch is made right here in the USA and is backed by a one-year finish warranty and a limited lifetime warranty.
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Chrome-plated trailer ball fits 1 7/8" couplers
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Aquence coating
- Constructed with a sleek, round-tube main body
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Euro Mount installs with no tools or torque specifications required
- Gross Trailer Weights (GTW) & Tongue Weights (TW) vary by application.
- Hitch includes 1-7/8 IN Euromount
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Never exceed vehicle weight rating.
- Permanently attached trailer ball cannot be loosened or stolen
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Receiver hitch made in USA
- Round tube main body
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684